Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Let's Get Started!

Hello, Lindsey here! Welcome to my new art blog! With one day of class under my belt, I feel that there will be many new and interesting challenges to face. It will not be a walk in the park, but I feel excited to be taking this course, and to interact with my fellow classmates! I have never taken a digital arts class before, so this will certainly be an adventure!

Having switched from Marine Biology major to a Graphic Design Major with a minor in Writing, I feel nervous but thrilled at the same time. For years, I express my thoughts and feelings through art, writing, and music. They all fit together hand and hand: music paints the pictures of the mind and sets our imaginations free, while words describe this blissful feelings to others in the form of stories. Although I am no longer studying marine bio, keeping the ocean in my works in certainly a goal I hope to maintain, as well as explore all the other wonderful styles and endless possibilities that art and life have to offer.

I expect this class to be a challenging. This will not be easy by any means. And for that I am grateful. I want to be serious about my new major and these skills will carry over as I progress through college. And I won't be alone in this. There are many wonderful and creative students in this class that share the same passion for art as I do. Each of us will be pushed to the limit, some of us harder than others. I believe this class will make me grow in new ways, become stronger as an individual, and gain more confidence in myself and my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment