Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Irina Werning Project

Before this class, I was aware of artists who had posed as they had in past photos, but I could never identify with a specific artist that used the technique. Werning's works are gorgeous and truly amazing to see. The time and transformation of the subject is awing and sometimes even shocking. What really impresses me about her work is all the minor details she uses to recreate the original image. I can't imagine the time and patients needed to find exact (or nearly exact) clothing and items in the photo. My favorite one was of the little girl who grew up and was covered in tattoos. Although she has changed and grown up with a very dramatic look, the viewer can still see the little girl she used to be despite all the ink on her body. Her work is truly inspiring and entices me to look through my old photos and see the progression that time has had on me and the people and places I grew up around.

No comments:

Post a Comment